Bede's Prep Pupils Support Eastbourne Lion's Swimathon

1

Every year, pupils from Bede’s Prep support the Eastbourne Lion’s Swimathon as part of the School’s charitable work.

Eleven Bede’s pupils gave up part of their evening to take part in the Swimathon. The children, aged between 7 and 13, swam solidly for 20 minutes cheered on by parents, teachers and friends. Each of the children clocked up between 24 and 38 lengths, and collectively they swam 376 lengths or a distance of almost 9,500 metres.

Bede’s has supported this event for the past six years, and the children are always keen to choose a charity. This year they chose Young Minds, the UK’s leading charity championing the wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.

In March, the pupils welcomed the President of the Eastbourne Lions Club who presented them with a cheque for £435. 70% of the total money raised will go to the Young Minds and the remaining 30% supports local chosen charities. Bede’s were also presented with a trophy for the total amount of money that was raised at the Swimathon.


Learn more about Swimming at Bede's Prep >

Learn more about Charity Fundraising at Bede's Prep >