Church and Chaplaincy
Built in the Norman style, with high vaulted windows, and designed to seat 283, the Church of the Holy Trinity was constructed out of flint extracted from the South Downs and Caen stone, which was conveyed up the Cuckmere River to Sessingham Bridge and then hauled by waggons the rest of the way.
Detached from the Arlington Parish in 1877. the Church of the Holy Trinity has led a dramatic life, with stained glass windows installed in 1922 to remember local residents who lost their lives in the Great War, being struck by lightning in 1938 and having a series of surrounding burial mounds flattened in 1946.
Bede's provides oil for the heating of the Church and maintains and services the boiler. We also clean the church once a week and carry out maintenance duties on request, with the Grounds department dealing with the hedges and mowing the gardens and graveyard as part of their duties.
The adjacent Chaplaincy meanwhile was built in 2014 when the school welcomed its first-ever Chaplain, Reverend Tim Buckler.
22 November 2017
With a few weeks to go until its first performances, Mr Oliver looks ahead to our production of an unforgettable American tragedy.
20 November 2017
Read all the Prep and Senior School sports results from Week 10 of the Autumn Term, including Football, Hockey and Swimming.
16 November 2017
Robin Fletcher, Chief Executive of the BSA, was joined by staff and students to plant a tree as part of BSA's ‘Boarding Orchard’.