The School maintains a substantial fleet of minibuses and has collection points over an extensive area.
Bede's operates one of the largest school minibus fleets in the UK, our vehicles are maintained to the highest standards and operated to full transport legislation. All our professional drivers are fully trained, must have DBS clearance and completed safeguarding training. The drivers are easily identified by their Bede’s uniforms and badges, they are polite, courteous and work hard to ensure each journey operates within a stress free environment. Our transport managers and the support team have extensive knowledge of passenger transport and are fully aware of current transport legislation. To make sure we operate a safe and roadworthy fleet of vehicles we have our own fully equipped vehicle repair workshop supported by two fully qualified motor vehicle engineers.
For our pupil’s safety, we constantly review our routes and carry out an extensive risk assessment at each bus collection and drop off point.
Our fleet of around 35 vehicles operate to strict passenger timetables, travelling to and from most local towns and villages around the schools. They arrive at the schools before lessons start and depart the school after lessons finish. There is also a late bus service for pupils who take part in extra lessons or activities. During the day and at weekends, our vehicles are never idle, transporting our pupils to around 100 matches, activities and trips in an average week.
It is very important to us that our passenger service operation is safe, timely and the journey is pleasant. To make this happen, we expect all bus users to comply with the following rules:
- To ensure we operate to our timetable, pupils need to arrive at the collection points five minutes before the scheduled collection time.
- All users must wear seat belts and face forward at all times.
- All pupils are expected to remain courteous and polite at all times.
- No litter to be left in vehicles or by the bus stops.
- Pupils can only sit in the front seats of the minibus when all other seats are occupied, apart for medical reasons (travel sickness).
- No pupil can access the on-board telephone or Bluetooth facility at any time.
- Pupils are expected to comply with all reasonable requests from the driver relating to their own safety some examples of this could be that the driver requires noise levels to be reduced or windows to be closed.
A transport pack detailing bus timings, transport bands, costs and daily routes, can be obtained from the Admissions department or on the Parent Portal.
To allow us to run a cost effective, zero profit service the school requires at least one terms notice should a parent wishes to cancel their School transport provision.
Further information can also obtained from the transport department please email: email@example.com